1. (transitive) To provide or serve as a remedy for.
2. provide relief for
I need a remedy for this headache.
3. set straight or right
remedy these deficiencies
5. act of correcting an error or a fault or an evil
6. a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
7. That which relieves or cures a disease; any medicine or application which puts an end to disease and restores health; -- with for; as, a remedy for the gout.
8. That which corrects or counteracts an evil of any kind; a corrective; a counteractive; reparation; cure; -- followed by for or against, formerly by to.
9. The legal means to recover a right, or to obtain redress for a wrong.
10. To apply a remedy to; to relieve; to cure; to heal; to repair; to redress; to correct; to counteract.